26 September 2009

Obamabot


I like the man, but this is kind of spooky.
On Wednesday, the Obamas hosted a reception at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, during which they stood for 130 photographs with visiting foreign dignitaries in town for the UN meeting. The President has exactly the same smile in every single shot. See for yourself — the pictures are up on the State Department’s flickr (link). And, of course, compressed into 20 seconds for your viewing pleasure.
One does, of course, have sympathy for someone whose job description includes posing for 130 photos with strangers during an afternoon reception. I know that's the very essence of politics and diplomacy, but I wouldn't do it.

Credit Eric Spiegelman, via Neatorama.

7 comments:

  1. At the end of a day like that his face must HURT. (I know mine did after my wedding. "OK, now smile!")

    ReplyDelete
  2. countdown to new internet meme in 3... 2... 1...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, that's funny.

    Just recently I met with a lot of relatives, and lots of pictures were taken. I always have the exact same smile in all of the shots, even in shots taken in different days.

    Try looking through your family photos, I'm sure you'll find that a lot of people always have the same smile on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Off topic, but . . . i just discovered this blog and i LOVE it. I've already sent the link to a dozen friends. Thanks for all the interesting things; i'll have a swell time digging through the archives. This is what makes living interesting (that and love).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read on the toobz yesterday that, when he was in high school, a girl told him that he sometimes had a great smile, so he went home and practiced it. At times like these, all that training kicks in. "Posing endlessly for photos with people you don't know" isn't in the Constitutional job description, but read the fine print and it's there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Watch for Michelle on the left. It's not that easy to tell because she keeps appearing and disappearing depending on how many people are between her and Obama, but it looks to me as though her smile does change from photo to photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's called practice. Anonymous beat me to it, stinkin' anonymous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...