24 July 2015

Travel tip

(Helen Mirren) admits she never takes her own garments away with her, instead choosing to pick up outfits from second-hand stores as soon as she arrives at her destination.

She says, "I love a good charity shop, especially when I'm travelling. When I'm going to cold places, I take nothing - just underwear. On my way from the airport, I ask the driver to take me to a good charity shop, and I buy boots, socks, trousers, jumpers, sweaters, hats and scarves - usually for £30."

But the actress never keeps the items: "On the way back to the airport, I have it all in a big bag and drop it off at another charity shop."

4 comments:

  1. I'm sending this to my daughter . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love a pop off at the ole charity shoppe? I got my favorite leather coat at one years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am sending this to my daughter and her mother. She is headed to college in Appleton WI after going to high school in Boca Raton FL.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...